While I rarely give specific financial advice to individual(s) until I understand their specific situation, here is an exception.
- Find a CFP® - Certified Financial PlannerTM Professional.
- Ask them about their Process - Values - Compensation - amount & structure.
- If still a fit, share with them your documents - values - goals.
- They will provide an evaluation.
- If still a fit, implement their recommendations that work for you.
- Monitor and review
Get The Facts aka "No Free Lunch"
- Financial "folk' work for a living, so are compensated in some fashion(s.)
- Less frequently these days, but I still find people who actually do not want to use a Fiduciary because they don't want to disclose all of their facts or documents.
- Or, some have felt using a qualified professional will be more expensive. Leaving the topic of quality aside .... maybe. Maybe not.
- Compensation facts and expense facts in financial services are not identical. Both are important. Disclosure should be required.
Why Choose a CFP® - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional?
- Only those who have fulfilled CFP Board's rigorous requirements can call themselves a CFP® professional.
- CFP® professionals are held to strict ethical standards.
- A CFP® professional must acquire several years of experience related to delivering financial planning services to clients.
- And pass the comprehensive CFP® Certification Exam
- Before they can call themselves a CFP® professional - Certified Financial PlannerTM
- Most people think all financial planners are “certified,” but this isn’t true. The phrase “financial planner” is in wide use and, if regulated at all, might be regulated in different ways in different localities.
- Financial planning is a dynamic process. Your financial goals may evolve over the years due to shifts in your lifestyle or circumstances such as an inheritance, career change, marriage, house purchase or a growing family. As you begin to consider how best to manage your financial future, you should feel confident knowing that with a CFP® professional, you’re working with someone committed to providing the high standard of financial planning.