Complimentary Phone Call: If you'd rather talk about it than read about it, call me. While I don't actually do Financial Planning without a Written Agreement, I am happy to discuss the process at no charge or obligation.
"Unbundled" - No minimums: Some in the industry combine Financial Planning with other work. While I offer other products and services, I do not require a client do anything else with me. Some prefer a Financial Plan independent of any other things.
Comprehensive Plan or Specific Problem-Solving - You chose: Some who have had a plan done in the past might have been concerned that it was a big thick "book" that wasn't entirely on point. Clients' choice. See link below. If you want to address only a specific problem, we do not have to do work for you that you do not need or want.
FINANCIAL PLANNING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE
As a working CFP® -- Certified Financial PlannerTM, maybe it is no surprise that I feel financial planning has value. But not automatically for everyone. Here are some questions that many people might need to have answered at some point.
- Are we "on track" to meet our critical financial goals?
- What adjustments might help us?
- Will I run out of money?
- Are Employer Plans [e.g. 401-(k)] the "best" place for me?
- Should I understand advantages & disadvantages of other choices available to us?
- Should part of my nest egg go into guaranteed (joint) lifetime income?
- Might there be some tax savings if I do that with part of my Retirement (qualified) Nest Egg?
- Will my spouse run out of money after first death when s/he only receives the larger of the two Social Security payments
- Should I / we consider –
(a) Working longer before retiring?
(b) Going back to work part-time?
(c) Looking for a “side gig?”
- If the spouse with a pension dies, will the surviving spouse manage with a possibly reduced pension (or none?)
- Is life insurance a helpful and realistic choice? (to offset loss of Social Security or pension income?)
- Will my / our Supplemental Health Insurance cover “enough” of what Medicare does not cover?
- Did I sign up for Part B right away?
- Or should I now if I didn’t?
- How will I /we pay for the cost of Long Term Care?
- Can we live in our current home? (Financially? Accessibility -e.g. stairs)
- Do we need / want to move? Locally? Long Distance?
Retirement "Nest Egg"
- Is the amount of risk in my nest egg “no more than necessary” to meet my critical needs?
- Are there assumptions – e.g. interest rates – e.g. future market performance – that might no longer be valid or helpful?
- If I / we are making periodic withdrawals of principal (as opposed to just receiving interest,) when and how might we make adjustments should values drop?
- Keep on taking the same dollar amount?
- Reduce the dollar amount pro-rata?
- Do you have?
A) Health Care Proxy
B) Durable Power of Attorney
C) Living Will
D) Will (& maybe) Trust
That are valid and accurately communicate your wishes?
- Does a Loved One have copies?
- Do both spouses / partners know where all the documents are?
- Might you also provide digital access – for yourself? (eg if you are traveling?) – for Loved Ones?
Beneficiary Designation Forms:
IRAs and other Retirement Plan monies, insurance and annuities “often / typically” pass to beneficiaries by Beneficiary Designation Forms.
Are your Beneficiary Forms
- Accurately communicate your wishes?
- Do you have copies?
- Does a Loved One have copies? Paper? Digital?
- If the Next Generation might inherit a “significant” amount of money, are they all financially prepared to handle a Lump Sum?”
- Or do you have anything in place to manage / restrict their access for their own lifetime or extended benefit?
- Is it possible for your grandchildren to be “inadvertently disinherited?” (Divorce of a child?)
- Are you in a "Blended Family?"
- Are there children - grandchildren etc. who have Special Needs?
- Do you need to make individual arrangements that are not mathematically equal for all e.g. children?
- Per Stirpes or Per Capita: Will one grandchild from one of your children get an amount that e.g. 4 grandchildren from another child have to split?
No charge for an exploratory introductory phone call